Sunday, December 9, 2007

winter time

It has been getting colder and colder here in Albany! My first winter in the northeast. There is definitely more snow and ice than I am used to so far. I will walk into places and be the only one bundled from head to toe. I worry that my Kansas-ness sticks out like a sore thumb.

The cold weather brings everyone inside at school. Everyone inside at school brings conflict with it. Energy at school escalates so high when everyone is feeding off each other. We have had many council meetings lately (conflict resolution meetings), some of them have been short and sweet, but others have been epic. A notable council meeting recently was called on two boys who have been bullying a lot of the younger children. The teachers don't generally call council meetings on the students, but they might encourage a student who is having problems with another to call a meeting. The bullying had been going on for a while, but no other students had called one on them. So I was relieved it finally happened.

I am excited to be going home in two weeks. I was feeling a little homesick and it will be so nice to see my family.

No comments: